The need for air compressors in industries, by professionals and consumers, cannot be overemphasized. These air compressors convert normal air into denser and high-pressured air. Then the converted air is used to power other parts of a machine, for heating and cooling, ventilation, air conditioning, pumping, and inflating a tire.
The Kobalt Air Compressor is a brand of Lowes. The Kobalt group is distinct because its product lines are lightweight, portable, easy to use, and accurate. See other air compressor brands here.
For every Kobalt air compressor you may want to purchase, there are major specifications you ought to look out for and they include; Air Pressure (PSI), Cubic Feet Per Minute (CFM), Tank Sizes, Single Stage or Two Stage, Direct Drive, or Belt Drive, Oil or Oil-Less, Duty Cycle, Moisture Problems, and Life Expectancy.
Below, we have come up with a comprehensive list of super quality Kobalt air compressors to narrow down the gazillion buying choices in the market.
Kobalt 2 Gallon Air Compressor
This particular product has won the heart of consumers because of its extraordinary lightweight. It consists of a corded-electric power source and it uses 120-volt power. The maximum pressure is 125PSI, which is responsible for the extended use you get in one fill. The pump is oil-free and it comes with a quick coupler air compressor for great operation. See other 2 Gallon air compressors here.
- It is not complicated and so easy to manage
- It is portable and handy.
- It cannot be used for big projects
- It is difficult to replace damaged parts.
Kobalt 8 Gallon Air Compressor
The Kobalt 8 Gallon Air Compressor has an 8-gal Kobalt horizontal electric air compressor. It can accommodate a variety of tools with at most 120-volt power supply. The compressor has an added advantage of an extended life which comes from its 1.8-Hpcopper winding induction motor.
The oil-free pump reduces maintenance and increases efficiency. The presence of a removable handle and rubber wheels allow for easy movement and storage. The fully covered motor in the compressor serves as soundproof. It comes in a horizontal design and can be laid down to minimize space.
Other exciting features include a control panel with 2-in steel case gauges, regulator, and brass quick coupler for easy access and operation.
- 120-V, 1.8-HP induction motor prolongs the life span of the compressor
- Can be used with a variety of air tools
- A fully-shrouded pump is responsible for less noise.
- Removable handle and rubber wheels provide easy mobility.
- Horizontal tank design can help conserve space.
- The oil-free pump requires less maintenance.
- Fully-encased pump and motor
- Cannot support heavy-duty jobs
Kobalt 20 Gallon Air Compressor
The 20 Gallon Kobalt air compressor is one of the most durable air compressors. It’s a vertical air compressor with a tank capacity of 20 gals. It has a corded electric power source and a voltage of 120V.The oil-free pump releases about 175 max PSI and 40 SCFM at 90 PSI. This compressor also features two quick-connect air fittings for powering multiple tools. It can be used in frame nailing, roof nailing, grinding, spraying, and cutting works.
- The vertical configuration takes up less space
- An oil-free pump is for easy maintenance and it is efficient enough to start at low
- 78 decibels per ISO3744 is released from this compressor, hence low noise.
- Canister air filtration extends life.
- This Kobalt air compressor is cheap and affordable.
- It takes time to fill up the air tank.
- It’s not so loud, but it is a bit noisy.
Kobalt 30 Gallon Air Compressor
This older product of the Kobalt air compressor range has a 2 stage pump on it with an air pressure of 175 max Psi. It is belt-driven off the electric motor. The Kobalt 30 Gallon air compressor has a dual voltage motor. It comes pre-wired for 240 volts. It can also be wired up for 240 volts. It pulls 15 amps on 128 circuits, 7.5 amps on 240V out of the box.It has a 2 horsepower electric motor on it with a cast iron lubricated pump. It has a 5.3
CFM rating at 90Psi, a 6.1 CFM rating at 40Psi. It has air-filled tires on it that roll pretty easily. It has a pleated air filter in it. It also has a trip reset on the motor so that there is no damage caused if there is an overheating. This air compressor can do jobs that require high pressure Like airbrushing, bolting, brad nailing, stapling, framing nailing, finish nailing, and so on.
- It is more durable than newer compressors.
- It is almost noiseless (71-82.8 decibels)
- It can scale through jobs that require intense pressure
- The dual voltage regulator makes the product ideal for the serious dyer, contractor, or
- The vertical ASME tank design maximizes floor space and provides enough
- compressed air storage
- It comes with crappy gauges.
- Leaking drain valve over time.
- It takes a long time to fill the tank up.
- The tank is oil-lubricated and so requires high maintenance.
Kobalt 60 Gallon Air Compressor
The Kobalt 60 Gallon has a single-stage, oil-lubricated pump. The pump is electric and made of cast iron. The 155 PSI max air pressure is responsible for optimum tool performance. The 60 Gallon Kobalt air compressor is ideal for projects like rotating tires, repairing engines, sharpening blades, sanding wood, and installing trim.
- Ideal for garage and workshop applications
- It has a space-saving structure
- It’s designed for up to 5,000 hours of use, so there’s enough power for garage work.
- It has a 3-year warranty.
- It takes a long time to fill the tank up.
Kobat Compressors Conclusion
Overall, Kobalt’s compressors are worth every cent you pay for them. Kobalt air compressor parts have good availability and can be found on amazon prime. For the right job that they can cope with, Kobalt’s compressor models provide good value for your money. On the whole, the level of user satisfaction with Kobalt air compressors air solutions is impressive, but their customer service policy needs some improvement.