Whether you are a first-time user or beginner, a crafter, a hobbyist, or a professional artist who enjoys model making, makeup application, food decoration, tattooing, or any other forms of painting, you will want the best airbrush compressor you can afford, check out our top reviews of this must-have tool.
Airbrushing using a pot of paint has its limitations. It is unsuitable for large projects, does not provide the finest finish, and lastly, it wastes your paint.
Thanks for an airbrush compressor. This is a device that provides continuous air supply for extended airbrushing and therefore, you are capable of completing large tasks and creating complex designs that would otherwise be impossible. An airbrush compressor is the better option for an artist looking for their next investment.
Whenever you are buying something for the first time, price and quality are the two important factors to consider. You need to purchase a tool that will meet your needs effectively, at an affordable budget. In our opinion, a good airbrush compressor should have the following features:
- Less noisy: You carry out your work quietly without causing unwanted attention in the neighborhood. Similarly, you don’t have to use ear protection gadgets when using an airbrush compressor.
- Less maintenance operation, so that unpleasant regular work is eliminated
- Have a pressure reducer to prevent it from attaining extreme pressures.
- Be affordable
- Cause limited to no vibration
- Contains suitable threads i.e. 1/8 inch when airbrushing
- Portable and convenient for easy transport if you want to work away from your shop.
- Easy to operate, because not all people are professional artists
And since there are a variety of airbrush kits on the market, choosing the best airbrush compressor kit that meets the above requirements, is somehow challenging. Not to worry! We have compiled a summary of the highest-rated types of airbrush compressors by customers and professionals.
Our Top 9 Best Airbrush Compressors
- Iwata Media Studio Power Jet Pro
- Master Airbrush Model TC-40T
- ZENY Pro 1/5 HP Airbrush Air Compressor
- Paasche D3000R 1/5 HP Compressor
- PointZero 1/5 HP Airbrush
- Grex AC1810-A Airbrush Compressor
- Iwata Media Smart Jet Airbrush Compressor
- Master Airbrush Cool Runner II Airbrushing Kit
- Portable Handheld Airbrush Gun:
We are hoping that this guide will arm you with the necessary information about the best airbrush compressors and help you purchase one for your DIY projects.
Iwata-Medea Studio Series Power Jet Pro
If you are searching for something incredibly powerful and precise, then Iwata-Medea Studio Series Power Jet Pro is the right choice for you. This master airbrush multi-purpose unit is the go-to tool for commission-based painters and art studio work. Backed with quality engineering it comes as our best airbrush compressor choice for a reason, while not the cheapest it will certainly produce great results and outlast many of its competition
Iwata airbrush compressor is suitable for all airbrushing types regardless of experience, ideal for someone new to the art of airbrushing because it is easy to use and control. This is considered the top of the range for airbrushing and is the most expensive. The Iwata pro gets a consistent score of 5 stars from the reviews we have found.
Power Jet Pro comes with a 2 liter tank and can deliver plenty of power with high paint flows. The Power Jet Pro comes complete with air-hose airbrush adapters to be used with any brand of airbrush.
Master Airbrush Model TC-40T
If you are looking forward to a serious airbrush compressor for model making, then Master Airbrush Model TC-40T is the perfect pick for you. This single-piston machine has a longer duty cycle and an internal cooling fan which prevents overheating when you are working for longer periods.
Recommended for: All in all, this airbrush kit is ideal for professional artists as it has a great performance and long run time.
ZENY Pro is ideal for artists and hobby airbrushing at a very affordable price. Gets a consistent buyers rating of 4 1/2 Stars.
Paasche D3000R 1/5 HP Compressor:
If you are intending to purchase a lightweight, portable, and quiet running airbrush unit, then this device is the right choice.
Recommended for: Paasche D3000R 1/5 HP Compressor is ideal for a wide range of art as it has two adapter fittings and hookup connectors.
Recommended for: Paasche D3000R 1/5 HP Air – Brush unit is ideal for a wide range of art work. It is a very handy unit as it has two adapter fittings and hookup connectors.
Ratings for this compressor are high and have an average of 4 1/2 stars.
PointZero 1/5 HP Airbrush Compressor:
This is a perfect piece of kit for beginners who want to get into food decoration and nail and body painting as well as all other standard airbrushing projects. A versatile yet popular budget airbrush compressor
Recommended for: This valuable piece of kit is ideal for beginners as it is easy to use and great value.
Grex AC1810-A Airbrush Compressor:
This is one of the best and versatile air compressors that gets consistent five star reviews from other buyers.
Recommended for: The Grex AC1810-A Air-brush Compressor is ideal for a wide range of projects. This is a good product from a reputable manufacturer and comes highly recommend. This is a super compressor to use for hobbies and miniature painting.
Piston Type Compressor
0.7 cfm (20 L/min)
60 psi (4.1 bar)
11 lbs. (4.98kg)
120V / 0.96 A / 60 Hz
Iwata Media Smart Jet Airbrush Compressor:
Iwata Media Smart Jet Air Compressor is the best airbrush compressor for rarefied paints such as ComArt.
Recommended for: This airbrush compressor with tank is compact enough for travel.
Master Airbrush Cool Runner II Airbrushing Kit
If you are searching for a complete airbrush compressor kit that offers all the components to get started with airbrushing then this is the lit for you. Along with its smooth operation, the Master Airbrush cool runner II is the right tool for anyone new to airbrushing.
- Professional Multi-Purpose Airbrushing Kit
- Complete with 3 Master Airbrushes
- Includes bonus Quick Start Guide
- Powerful 1/5 hp single-piston compressor
- Twin cooling fans
- Includes holder for 2 airbrushes.
- 1/3 oz. gravity feed fluid cup.
- Paint included 6 Colors plus Reducer and Cleaner.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee:
Recommended for: This airbrush model is suitable for getting started and those wanting to try out airbrushing for relatively cheap startup costs.
Gocheer Mini Airbrush Kit
Cocheer closes our top 10 best airbrush compressors and ideal for miniature painting. This great mini airbrush compressor is unique because it is handheld and comes with a charging cable.
You can charge a Cocheer airbrush compressor using any USB device such as a laptop or even a power bank.
- PORTABLE & MULTIFUNCTION AIRBRUSH
- Use for tattoos, model painting, cake decorating, make-up, nail, handicrafts, toys, etc.
- USB recharging
- 30-50 minutes run time
- Mini compact air compressor
- Use directly, without an air hose.
- low noise.
- Hand-held design is ergonomically designed. Simple to use
- 7.44 x 6.97 x 2.24 inches
Battery power: 700mAh
USB Charge time: 1 hour
Max working time: 1 hour
Input Voltage: 110V-220V, 50-60Hz
Output Voltage: 8.4V
Silent Airbrush Compressors:
If you work in your garage, shop, or site where everyone appreciates silence, then a quiet airbrush compressor will get the job done quietly without causing unwanted attention from other family members or your neighbors.
Before we can take look at the quietest air-brush compressors, let’s first give you an overview of how noise is measured in decibels.
- Super quiet: 1 – 40 decibels
- Quiet: 40 – 60 decibels. This is the safest noise level for air tools in general.
- 85 decibels and over: noisy. This noise level is harmful to your health
Below is our pick for the top 4 quietest airbrush units on the market:
- Master Airbrush Cool Runner II: 47 decibels.
- VIVOHOME 1/5 HP Professional Airbrushing Paint Compressor: 47 decibels
- ZENY Pro 1/5 Airbrushing Kit: 59 decibels
- PointZero Portable Quiet Airbrush Compressor: 55 decibels.
- Master Airbrush Compressor: 47 decibels
No matter what you select, every airbrush compressor on this page has been tried and tested by professional artists. Just make sure you are making the right choice for your needs.